Cibona Foods Inc.
A reliable and versatile food processing company
Having worked for several large multinational food companies, in Croatia, France and Canada, where I held positions in quality control and product development. Working for these companies gave me the momentum, background, experience and inspiration I needed to start my own company; After several years in the agro-food field I saw a gap in the market for olives and maraschino cherries, and Cibona was born out of my kitchen at home.
Like many other entrepreneurs, I was driven by a desire to succeed, and had a passion for what I was working towards. Having developed my skills in the agro-food industry, it has helped me lay the foundation for Cibona today. The entrepreneurial spirit is also shared by my wife, who has stood by me during the early years of Cibona and continues to be a pillar of support, alongside my children. I have built a solid company which fosters a family environment, with strong, qualified, and loyal employees.
Throughout the years Cibona's employees and I have built a stable and specialized company, whereby we import, manufacture and export transformed products for everyone to enjoy. At Cibona we produce a wide range of high quality products such as maraschino cherries, gherkins, capers, marinades, small onions and olives presented in various types of containers and packages. We have recently enriched our product line by adding mayonnaise, salad dressings and sauces.
We are dedicated to excellence and growth. Cibona is committed to providing quality products at competitive prices, in addition to exceptional customer service that tailors to the unique demands of our clients. We are committed in working towards building strong relationships with our suppliers, in order to have a positive and lasting impact on the environment, economy, and social well-being of everyone connected with the Cibona brand.
Founder & President
A delicacy made with thinly sliced cabbage, packaged in brine.
Available size : 12 x 1 L
Our premium-quality beets can add a touch of colour to contemporary and traditional dishes alike.
• Sliced marinated beets - Available sizes: 12 x 500 ml and 12 x 750 ml
• Whole marinated beets - Available size: 12 x 500 ml
Our delicious cherries are imported then prepared and packaged in red or green 'Canada Fancy' maraschino syrup at our plant. A classic and timeless sweet treat to garnish cakes, Christmas cookies, or ice cream on hot summer days. Also available with long stems to create the perfect cocktail or chocolate-dipped confections.
• Red maraschino cherries, without stems - Available sizes: 12 x 375 ml, 6 x 2 L, 2 x 4 L, 1 x 16 L
• Green maraschino cherries, without stems - Available sizes: 12 x 375 ml, 2 x 4 L
• Red maraschino cherries, with 'cocktail' stems - Available sizes: 12 x 375 ml, 2 x 4 L, 1 x 16 L
• Red maraschino cherry halves - Available size: 2 x 4 L
Pickled Pepper Rings
The perfect blend to add a spicy kick to a hamburger, sandwich, or any other snack! These sliced red, yellow, and orange hot peppers are popular in fast food restaurants.
Available size: 12 x 750 ml
Pickled Peppers ('Peperoncini')
Moderately spicy green peppers between 3 and 6 cm in length packaged in vinegar-based brine.
Available sizes: 12 x 750 ml, 6 x 2 L, 2 x 4 L, 1 x 16 L.
Premium-quality vegetables in perfect harmony: cauliflower, carrots, celery, red bell peppers, and green peppers in mildly spicy, vinegar-based brine.
Available sizes: 12 x 750 ml, 6 x 2 L, 2 x 4 L, 1 x 16 L
Sweet Mixed Pickles
An impeccably balanced blend of sliced cucumber rounds, small white onions, and cauliflower packaged in sweet brine.
Available sizes: 12 x 750 ml, 6 x 2 L, 2 x 4 L, 1 x 20 L
Whether sweet or dill, our assorted pickles are the perfect taste complement. All are imported in sweet or sour brine.
• Sweet pickled gherkins - Available sizes: 12 x 375 ml, 6 x 2 L, 2 x 4 L, 1x16 L
• Sour pickled gherkins - Available size: 2 x 4 L
• Sweet medium pickled gherkins - Available size: 2 x 4 L
• Baby dills with garlic - Available size: 12 x 1 L
• Whole dill pickles with garlic - Available sizes: 12 x 1 L and 12 x 500 ml
• Bread and butter pickles, sliced - Available sizes: 12 x 1 L and 6 x 2 L
• Dill pickle spears with garlic - Available size: 12 x 500 ml
• Dill pickles with garlic, sandwich slices - Popular in fast food restaurants, Picnics, and Barbecues
Available size: 12 x 500 ml
Our succulent green capers are harvested with the greatest care. Available in three sizes, they are packaged in vinegar-based brine. They make the perfect finishing touch to salads, fish, bagels, and other classic recipes.
• Very small (surfine)
• Small (capucine)
• Large (capote)
Available sizes: 12 x 125 ml, 6 x 2 L, 2 x 4 L
All our onions are carefully packaged at our facility in sweet or sour brine.
• Sweet pickled onions - Small white onions in a sweet brine - Available sizes: 12 x 375 ml, 6 x 2 L, 2 x 4 L, 1 x 16 L
• Sour marinated onions - Small white onions in a tart brine - Available sizes: 12 x 375 ml, 2 x 4 L
Our succulent, premium-quality black olives are imported in canned format. Whole, pitted, or sliced: We have options for all your recipes!
• Sliced ripe olives, canned - Available sizes: 6 x 2.84 L and 12 x 398 ml
• Whole ripe olives, canned - Available size: 6 x 2.84 L
• Pitted ripe olives, canned - Available sizes: 6 x 2.84 L and 12 x 398 ml
All our delicious premium-quality green olives are imported and packaged in brine at our plant. Available in an assortment of shapes and varieties, they are perfect alongside aperitifs, as cocktail garnishes, or as decoration in your favourite recipes!
• Manzanilla olives - Green olives stuffed with pimento paste
• Queen olives - Medium-sized whole green olives
• Cocktail olives - Small whole green olives
• Sliced green olives
• Kalamata-style olives
Available sizes : 12 x 375 ml, 6 x 2 L, 2 x 4 L, 4 x 4 L, 1 x 16 L
All our salad dressings are kosher, lactose-free, and trans fat-free. Expertly balanced and prepared with canola oil, they are processed in a separate facility. Our wide selection includes all your favorite flavours in light or creamy versions, and more! Exported throughout North America (FDA approved).
• Creamy ranch dressing
• Light ranch dressing
• Creamy Caesar dressing
• Light Caesar dressing
• French dressing
• Zesty Italian dressing
• Creamy zesty Italian dressing
• Light zesty Italian dressing
• Golden spicy Italian dressing
• Creamy cucumber dressing
• Light cucumber dressing
• Creamy garlic dressing
• Thousand Island dressing
• California dressing
• Light California dressing
• Creamy coleslaw dressing
• Balsamic and Honey dressing
Available sizes: 12 x 475 ml and 2 x 4 L
All our mayonnaises are kosher and carefully prepared by Cibona in a separate facility. Sold in traditional or convenient squeezable formats.
Exported throughout North America (FDA approved).
• Real mayonnaise - A timeless classic, rich in flavour!
• Light mayonnaise - 50% less fat than our regular mayonnaise
• Salad dressing - Even less fat than our light mayonnaise
Available sizes: 12 x 475 ml, 12 x 500 ml (squeezable), 12 x 950 ml, 12 x 710 ml, 2 x 4 L, 1 x 16 L
A great success during barbecue season: give your steaks taste and character with our five popular, classic marinades.
• Honey teriyaki
• Garlic and herbs
• Lemon pepper
An essential ingredient! Our lemon juice is prepared according to Canadian standards from the concentrated juice of real lemons and packaged in an attractive, distinctive bottle.
Available size: 12 x 946 ml
CIBONA PRIVATE LABEL
With a wealth of experience spanning over 20 years in the food manufacturing industry, Cibona Foods is able to offer Private Label Programs specifically developed to our client's individual requests. Our management expertise in the field of Research and Development allows us to develop new products and recipes. Our strength lies in being flexible and focusing on producing quality products at a good pricing point. We work closely with our marketing department to develop innovative labels and packaging; designed for visual impact on the shelf. At Cibona Foods, we source only the highest quality ingredients, matched by our production facilities that are constantly being upgraded to meet international standards. We ensure that our Private Label clients pass on to the end consumer a product that, both Cibona Foods and our Private Label partners can be very proud of.